5 Ways God Equips Us to Go From Victim to Victor
Most Everyone has seen the movie Hunger Games. The Most highlighted sentence on Kindle in the Hunger Game series of books is, “How can we expect to go in this world prepared if we are not equipped with what we need?”
It all comes down to, Preparedness; being equipped with the right tools to be in a position of readiness. Having the right tools will make us go from not just being a Survivor or a Victim but becoming a Victor. Nothing Tells the story of Preparedness better than David and Goliath.
In the story of David and Goliath, a war had come upon Israel. For 4o days a giant named Goliath came out in full armor, to fight the Israelites. No one would fight him because they were afraid. One day David came from the fields where he was tending sheep to bring his brothers’ lunch. David wondered why was no one fighting? David was just a teenager at the time, the youngest of all his brothers. He told King Saul he would fight the giant.
Can you imagine what everyone was thinking, how can a boy defeat a giant?
David then went out wearing no armor just his tunic, carrying only his rock sling and a bag of 5 small smooth rocks. Doesn’t sound like he was very prepared does it? David swung his sling around with one rock in it and flung it exactly to the only exposed area on Goliath’s forehead. Goliath fell to the ground and the rest is history.
David didn’t become another Victim he became a Victor.
Not everyone can slay a giant and become a hero like David did. The reason David was a Victor and not a Victim, because God Equipped and Prepared him. He made him ready for battle. He gave David everything he needed to win.
A Willing obedient heart from God
People encouraging him
The Plan God gave him
David didn’t have any military training, he didn’t have a sword, armor or any other battle equipment to defeat Goliath, he just had what God intended him to use; His sling and His Faith. The rock sling seemed to be an unlikely choice to slay a giant, but sometimes God’s plans don’t always make sense.
5 Ways God Equips Us to go From Victim to Victor:
1. Knowledge– Proverbs 2:6 “For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.” Knowledge is Power. The More we learn the more we grow. Seek the Experts for Advice. There is no one better expert than God. He has provided us with the most powerful resource in the world; The Bible. Staying in the Word, reading our Bible daily, equips and provides for all of our needs. Ask God, ‘please equip me with the knowledge to have a heart of understanding and wisdom to make good choices for 2018.’
2. Strength– 2 Corinthians 12:9 “My strength is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness.” Our weakness is God’s opportunity to display his strength. We grow in our weaknesses. When we step out in faith, even in our weakness, God will use it to transform it into His strength. God will use our trials and struggles, to develop more perseverance and endurance. Ask God, ‘help me to trust in you and step out in faith even in my weakness.’ He will use our struggles for something better, I promise.
3. Encouragers– Thessalonians 5:11 “Encourage one another and build each other up.” Everyone needs someone to motivate them, push them to their upper limits. No pain no gain. Ask God to be surrounded with encouragers who can help motivate and help reach your goals. God is your biggest fan you can always turn to him.
4. A Plan– Every adequately prepared person has a plan. Good thing God is in the plan making business. When we live in the plan God has for our life, we are living in the best plan ever. How to Make a Successful Plan for 2018
5. Prayer– Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God.” Pray for God for help to equip you with the knowledge you need, for strength, encouraging people and to live in the plan God desires for you.
We may feel like we are facing a giant. For 40 days no one stood up to fight Goliath because they were fearful. They were fearful of his size, fearful of losing and fearful they may die. The difference between the Israelites and David is he had Faith.
God will Slay our Giants if we Let Him. He will equip and prepare us for what we needClick To Tweet
So How does one go from Victim to Victor?
When we allow God to equip us with the right tools so we will be prepared for the plan he has for us. I promise, when we allow for God’s plans we will always be victorious. Our goals will never be achieved if we are not prepared. We wouldn’t jump off a boat in the middle of the ocean without a preserver just like we wouldn’t take a test without studying.
God has designed us to be VICTORIOUS! For us to be a Victor and not a Victim!
How are you Preparing Yourself for the New Year?
Will you continue to allow your Giants to bully you?
Or Will You Allow God’s Plan to be your Plan for Your New Year?
We don’t always have to understand God’s plan, we just need faith like David, so God can carry out his plan through us. You are loved!
Did you like this blog post? Please share with others! Want more encouraging messages? Subscribe to my blog and an encouraging message will be sent right to your inbox or like my Author Facebook page to catch the latest posts. Have a blessed week!!
May your New Year be Filled Abundantly more with God’s Blessings of Love, Joy, Peace and Freedom! I would love to hear from you! Leave Your Comments Below.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!