Most Everyone has seen the movie Hunger Games. The Most highlighted sentence on Kindle in the Hunger Game series of books is, “How can we expect to go in this world prepared if we are not equipped with what we need?”
It all comes down to, Preparedness; being equipped with the right tools to be in a position of readiness. Having the right tools will make you go from not just being a Survivor or a Victim but becoming a Victor. Nothing Tells the story of Preparedness better than David and Goliath.
In the story of David and Goliath, war had come upon Israel. For 4o days a giant named Goliath came out in full armor, to fight the Israelites. No one would fight him because they were afraid. One day David came from the fields where he was tending sheep to bring his brothers lunch. David wondered why was no one fighting? David was the youngest of all of his brothers and was just a teenager at the time. He told King Saul he would fight the giant. You can imagine what everyone was thinking, how can a boy defeat a giant?
So David went out wearing no armor just his tunic, carrying only his rock sling and a bag of 5 small smooth rocks. Doesn’t sound like he was very prepared does it? David swung his sling with one rock around and flung it exactly to the only exposed area on Goliath’s forehead. Goliath fell to the ground and the rest is history. David didn’t become another Victim he became a Victor.
Not everyone can slay a giant and become a Hero like David did. The reason David was a Victor and not a Victim, because God Equipped and Prepared him. He made him ready for battle. He gave David everything he needed to win. David had
- A Willing obedient heart from God
- God’s strength
- People encouraging him
- The Plan God gave him
- Courageous Faith
David didn’t have any military training, he didn’t have a sword, armor or any other battle equipment to defeat Goliath, he just had what God intended him to use; His sling and His Faith. The rock sling seemed to be an unlikely choice to slay a giant, but sometimes God’s plans don’t always make sense.
Here are 5 Ways God Will Equip You to Be More Prepared:
1. Knowledge– Proverbs 2:6 “For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.” Knowledge is Power. The More You Learn the More You Grow. Seek the Experts for Advice. There is no one better expert than God. He has provided you with the most powerful resource in the world; The Bible. Staying in the Word, reading your Bible daily, will Equip and Provide for all of your needs. Ask God, to Please Equip you with the Knowledge to have a heart of understanding and wisdom to make good choices for 2016.
2. Strength– 2 Corinthians 12:9 “My strength is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness.” Your weakness is God’s opportunity to display his strength. You grow from your weaknesses. When you step out in faith, even in your weakness, God will use it to transform it into His strength. God will use your trials and struggles, to develop your perseverance and endurance. Ask God to Help you trust in Him, step out in faith even in your weakness. He will use it for something better, I promise.
3. Encouragers– Thessalonians 5:11 “Encourage one another and build each other up.” Everyone needs someone to Motivate them, push them to their upper limits. No pain no gain. Ask God to surround yourself with positive supportive people who can help encourage and motivate you to help reach your goals. God is your biggest fan you can always turn to him.
4. A Plan– Every adequately prepared person has a plan. Good thing God is in the plan making business. When you live in the plan God has for your life, you are living in the best plan ever. How to Make a Successful Plan for 2016
5. Prayer– Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God.” Ask God to help equip you with the knowledge you need, for your strength, to surround you with positive people who will support and encourage you and for the plan God has for you. 5 Powerful Prayers that Will Give Your Goals Purpose & Vision in 2016
You May feel like you are facing a giant in your life right now. For 40 days no one stood up to fight Goliath because they were fearful. They were fearful of his size, fearful of losing and fearful they may die. The difference between the Israelites and David is he had Faith. God will Slay your Giants if you Let Him. He will equip and prepare you for what you need. He will help Prepare you to be in a Position of Readiness, just like David.
Do You Want to Be Victorious in 2016? How are you Preparing Yourself for the New Year?
Are you going to allow your Giants to continue to bully you? Or Will You Allow God’s Plan to be the Plan for Your New Year?
Goals will never be Achieved if you are not Prepared. You wouldn’t jump off a boat in the middle of the ocean without a preserver just like you wouldn’t take a test without studying.
God has designed you to be VICTORIOUS! Don’t be a Victim, be a Victor!
You don’t always have to understand God’s plan, you just need faith like David, so God can carry out his plan through you! Ask God to equip you with the right tools so you will be prepared for the plan he has for you. It will be the best Plan Ever!
Did you like this blogpost? Please share with others! Want more encouraging messages? Subscribe to my blog and an encouraging message will be sent right to your inbox! Or Join Me on Periscope Tuesdays at 12:15pm EST and Saturdays at 10:30am EST. Watch Replays on katch.me.
May your New Year be Filled Abundantly more with God’s Blessings of Love, Joy, Peace and Freedom! Leave Your Comments Below.