10 Ways to Always Be Content
Contentment. Let’s face it we are human. Especially in my family, not all of us are content all the time at the same time! It’s important to be reminded and focused on what is the source of our contentment. Contentment can be found in a lot of places. But not all places can provide us with a source of contentment that eternally fulfills and satisfies.
There will always be someone who has more than us, has a bigger house, nicer car, nicer clothes or who is thinner. Where does that leave us? To be constantly trying to keep up, comparing ourselves to an unattainable measure? Where is the hope and satisfaction in the never-ending race for more? When is enough, enough?
Contentment isn’t always about what’s in front of us, or waiting until we have the next best thing, but what’s in our hearts and in God’s plans for us. Being content is accepting God’s truth in who he says we are and allowing it to be enough.
When God’s truth and love are the sources of our Joy and Contentment we will be abundantly filled and eternally satisfied. May God’s truth and love fill every crevice of your heart, filling you beyond measure so your cup runneth over.
Here are 10 reminders when discontentment gets the best of you. I pray you will hold onto these verses when you feel your heart and mind are drifting to a place of discontent.
We will Always Find Contentment when…….
1. Our Treasures are Stored in our Hearts- “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:21
2. When God Provides for our Needs. “Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.” 1 Timothy 6:6-8, Philippians 4:19
3. When God is the Source of our Riches. “Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, not to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy. Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.” 1 Timothy 6:17-19.
4. When God is the Source of our Love. What gives you love? Can money love you back?
“Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He, Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you. So we may boldly say: The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” Hebrews 13:5
4. We are Thankful in our Circumstances. There is Contentment in Thankfulness. A thankful heart is a happy heart (Proverbs 15:13). “Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content.” Philippians 4:11
5. We Trust in God’s Plans. There is Contentment when you trust in God’s plans. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding.” Proverbs 3:5, Jeremiah 29:11 (For I know the Plans for you).
6. When God is the Source of our Provision and Peace. “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?” Matthew 6:25-26
7. When we Seek Him First. “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” Matthew 6:33
8. When God is the Source of our Strength. You can rejoice and be content in trials when God is your source of strength. “For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:10
9. When our Hearts are Filled with God’s Desires. “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs. But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness.” 1 Timothy 6:10-11, Proverbs 19:21
10. When we Rejoice in Him and Stand in His Presence. “This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118:24). “You make known to me the path of life; in your presence, there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” (Psalm 16:11).
I pray these verses will provide encouragement, comfort and be a reminder when discontent starts to settle in.
Prayer- Dear God, I pray that I will keep my eyes and heart focused on you to keep me within the boundaries of your love. I pray I will seek you always, trust in your plans for me, be patient for your timing, be content with what I have. I pray my discontent will be a warning sign to be still with you and present in your presence and trust in you. I pray these verses will be a reminder of what you have in store for me, your truth will fill me and protect me from the shouts of the world. You provide for all my needs, You are Enough. Thank you, Lord, for your provision and for thinking so highly of me to make a plan for me. I praise you, in Jesus name, Amen.
Did you like this blog post? Please share with others! If you would like more encouraging messages sent right to your inbox, Subscribe to my blog to receive a FREE e-book “Esther: God’s Plan for Victory” or like my Author Facebook page to catch the latest posts.
I would love to hear from you and all that God is doing in your hearts! I pray that you will be filled with God’s truth and love which leads to eternal contentment!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!