At the End of Every Year, it is always a fun time to reflect upon the past year and reminisce about happy memories. Get out your pens and start writing down all of your Happy Fun Memories from 2015!
It is also a good idea to review your goals and get rid of any clutter getting in the way of you reaching your goals. Getting rid of clutter or road blocks help clear your path to achieving your goals.
I asked my Family what is something that you Would like to Leave behind this year? Something that you Do Not want to take into the New Year? Here are our Family’s responses.
(You can Probably guess which ones are our kids’ responses)
Top 10 Things to Leave Behind in 2015:
1. Negativity– Nobody likes a Negative Nelly. Negativity is a sure way to a bad attitude which never leads to anywhere good. In 2016 I want to trade negative attitudes in for positive ones. “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen” (Ephesians 4:29).
2. Fear– Being Scared of the unknown is a sure way to get into a viscous cycle of worry and anxiety. Who wants that? Not me. The best thing to trade your Fear in for is more Faith. “Trust in the Lord with All your Heart, Lean not on your own understanding.” Proverbs 3:5
3. Poor use of Time– I want to trade in any Lack of Planning in for being more intentional and purposeful with my time. The best person to give your time to is God. He will turn the time he has given you into so much more. Time spent with God is time well spent. “So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom” (Psalm 90:12).
4. Busyness– Filling my time with busyness is a guarantee for burnout and being tired. This year I want to let my ‘yes’ be ‘yes and my ‘no’ be ‘no’ (James 5:12) so I don’t overcommit or overextend myself.
5. Regret– Allowing fear to dictate actions is a good way to get into a pile of regret. Living a life of love the way God intended us to live, helps to leave regret behind and look forward to the life that God has designed for us.
6. Accumulating Stuff– This year is a year to live with less. When I have less, I have more room for what God has intended for me. “He must become greater; I must become less.” (John 3:30)
7. Silly Arguments– Maybe you are a better person than me, but I would like to trade in silly arguments for positive, encouraging remarks. Who really cares if the toilet seat wasn’t put down? Instead of being quick to start a silly argument I want to be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry (James 1:19).
8. Sweating the small stuff– Worrying about every little things leads only to more worry. Worry never changes the situation or the outcome, it only brings more grief and worry. In 2016 trade worry in for more Trust in God. He’s Got it! “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own” (Matthew 6:34).
9. Disorganization– When you consistently can’t find your keys, clutter starts to pile up and life starts to spiral out of control; maybe it’s time to trade in the clutter and chaos for more order. Take the time to get rid of clutter and organize your spaces. “For God is not a God of disorder but of peace.” 1 Corinthians 14:33
10. Disconnected– I have gotten into a bad habit, of spending time on social media when I should be present with whoever I am with. Just because there is downtime doesn’t mean I have to pick up my phone. This year I want to be present with whoever I am with, not trading face to face interaction in for screen time.
Have you made a list of things of your Fun Happy Memories from 2015? What would you would like to leave behind in 2015? It is a good activity to do with your family to start with a clean slate for the New Year!
Start your New Year off to the Right Start. Identify the clutter and the things getting in the way of reaching your goals. When you do, you are able to make clearer paths and fill your time and space up with how God designed for you!
Did you like this blogpost? Please share with others! If you would like to read more encouraging messages, Subscribe to my blog and an encouraging message will be sent right to your inbox! Or Join Me on Periscope Tuesdays at 12:15pm EST and Saturdays at 10:30am EST.
May your New Year be Filled Abundantly more with God’s Blessings of Love, Joy, Peace and Freedom! Leave Your Comments Below.