New Years Resolutions, Goal Setting, and Fitness Challenges are all the hype at the beginning of each year. Making resolutions for healthier living, setting goals and signing up for challenges are great, but will never be successful without making a plan or a strategy.
Goals are great. They give us a focus, a direction and motivate us to move in a positive direction. They initiate growth and help us reach something we thought wasn’t attainable.
Are you seeking Financial Freedom? Dave Ramsey Financial Peace guru has a financial success plan for you. Are you a writer that has been wanting to write a book? Chances are Michael Hyatt who has developed Platform University has the keys to success that you need. Want to become a better parent? Drs. Fay have developed Love and Logic parenting strategies that take the struggle out of discipline. Want to develop healthier habits of living without feeling overwhelmed? Rick Warren has written the Daniel Plan that focuses on Faith, Family, Fitness, and Food.
When we set goals, we turn to the experts for advice. In goal setting and planning, there is no better expert than God.
Did you know in the Bible, God gives us instructions on how to use our time wisely and write a plan for our goals?
God provides Scripture of how to be successful in attaining our goals.
Setting our goals is just the first step. Initiating a clear cut plan will set us up for long term success.'The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps' Proverbs 16:9Click To Tweet
5 Ways God Helps us Make a Plan for our Goals-
1. Write them Down– We have to start somewhere. Putting the pen to the paper and writing them down is a good place to start. A goal becomes a reality when we write them out. “Write down the vision and make it plain on tablets, For still the vision awaits its appointed time; If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay” (Habakkuk 2:2-3). Start first by reviewing your year. Ask yourself what areas did I succeed in? What areas do I still need to work on? I separate my goals into 5 categories; Faith, Family/Friends, Finances, Fitness, and Fun. This will better give you a vision for our goals.
2. Pray for your Goals– When setting your goals, ask God what are the desires he has for your heart. “Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart” Psalm 37:4. It is okay to set your own personal goals. God has probably given you certain skills and talents to be able to achieve your goals. Allow room for God’s plan to take place, so he can do his work within you. Once your goals have been written, keep your goal list nearby and continually pray over your goals for the upcoming year.
3. Be Intentional– When writing your goals, be specific and purposeful. This will allow your goals to have vision and direction. Give your goals an attainable and measurable outcome. “Plans of the diligent leads to profit.” (Proverbs 21:5). Give your goals a realistic time frame, be diligent and your work will pay off in the long run.
4. Prioritize– Review your goals and star 1-2 of them that are highest priority or most important to start working on first. This will help provide you with a direction and focus of which goals to start working on. No one gets anywhere by being lazy or taking on more than they can handle. To make your goals a reality, they take proper planning, commitment, dedication and motivation. Giving your targeted goal the quality time they need will set you up for success for the future. “Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth” (Proverbs 10:4).
5. Make a Schedule– Be realistic with your time commitments. The best way to be successful in reaching your goal, is to schedule time in your calendar and stick with it. Make your goal a priority and you will reap the rewards of attaining them. Most importantly, plan your time with God, put him in your schedule, but let him do the planning. Scheduling time with God will be the best plan of your life. For He knows the plans for us (Jeremiah 29:11).
How do you want to be more successful in this upcoming year?
What Goals Would you like to Accomplish in the New Year?
God isn’t interested in us becoming better, he wants us to be better than EVER!
Our goals become a reality with prayer, proper planning, prioritizing them and making a schedule. Writing goals not your thing? Make it simple and just pick one word to describe your year–it’s a good place to start.
What word describes your upcoming year? Join me next week and we will talk about what our word is and how to make a strategic prayer plan that will set you up for a successful new year! I want to hear your goals and what word you picked!!!
Did you like this blogpost? Please share with others! If you would like to read more encouraging messages, Subscribe to my blog and an encouraging message will be sent right to your inbox or like my Author Facebook page to catch the latest posts. Have a blessed week!!
Praying for a Successful New Year and that is filled Abundantly with God’s blessings in your life! Happy New Year!
I would love to hear from you! Leave Your Comments Below.