Welcome back! Last week’s post Making a Successful Plan for Your Upcoming New Year we discussed–What were some of your goals? Did you pick a word for your year? I hope some of you will share what your goals are and what word you picked. Picking a word will help give our year more purpose and vision.
How did it go when writing your goals? Was it fun or painful!?!? Goal setting can be tough because it asks tough questions about ourselves. Was I successful? What did I accomplish or haven’t accomplished?
The word I picked for 2018 is Difference. in 2018, I want to make a difference in all areas of my life–with my time, my finances, my family, friends and with my faith.
Others have shared their word with me; Presence, Hope, Believe, Freedom, Intentional and Restored. Whatever your word is, apply it to all areas of your life to live fully in God’s design for you.
Goal Writing Tips:
Write goals with meaning and purpose instead of performance. For example, we may write, I want to make more money in 2018. That is a good goal, but there is not a measurable outcome. When is it enough money? Instead, write– I want to make enough money to provide for my family’s needs. It is not realistic for all of us to be millionaires but it is realistic for us to be happy with what we have and enjoy the process. Goals are not meant to suck the joy out of us, but to put purpose and direction back in.
Coming up with a Strategic Plan for Prayer over our goals is just as important as writing your goals. Keep the goal lists handy to be constantly praying over the goals.
Be Specific in Prayer in these 5 areas:
1. Roadblocks– Ask God to take away anything that is hindering us from accomplishing our goals. Taking away roadblocks, can help move us forward, go farther in reaching our goals and see so much clearly when accomplishing our goals. “Build up, build up, prepare the way, remove every obstruction from my people’s way” (Isaiah 57:14).
2. Time– Give God our time that he has already given us. There are only 24 hours in a day, 7 days a week. The time God has given us is all we have. Give God your time and he will give you all the time you need. Ask God–‘help me keep the scheduled time I have with you.’ “But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.” My times are in your hand” (Psalm 31:14).
3. Desires of your heart– Ask God for Him to place the desires of your heart when setting goals. When we live in the design that God has created us to live, we experience His abundant joy, hope, love, and freedom. “Above all else guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it” (Proverbs 4:23).
4. Wisdom– Ask God to help you be realistic but not sell yourself short. When setting goals it is important to be intentional with your time. Asking for wisdom will help you make better choices that will set you up for success in the future. “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding” (Proverbs 9:10).
5. Strength– To accomplish our goals we need perseverance and endurance. There will be times we want to quit and feel as though we can’t go on. Anyone can quit, but it takes courage, drive and passion to make it to the end. Never underestimate what you can learn in the process, these will be some of the most valuable lessons we learn. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippine 4:13
What Prayers will make an impact in your upcoming year?
When making your goals ask yourself these two important questions.
1. Are these goals adding value to my life or taking away value?
2. Am I living in the Plan God has for my life?
Prayer- Dear God, I pray this year we will be more purposeful and intent full with our time and money you have given us and use them the way you have designed us to use them. Please guide our steps to teach us, show us how you want us to accomplish and achieve our goals as we start our New Year. We love you, God. Amen.
Did you like this blogpost? Please share with others! Want more encouraging messages? Subscribe to my blog and an encouraging message will be sent right to your inbox or or like my Author Facebook page to catch the latest posts. Have a blessed week!
Keep Praying for your Goals! Praying for a Successful New Year that will be Filled Abundantly with God’s blessings in your life! Happy New Year!
I would love to hear from you. Leave Your Comments Below.