10 Bible Verses About Marriage & A FREE Marriage Prayer Bookmark!
Do you desire to more Scripture and Prayer to guide your marriage?!?!? So do I! I’m so glad you’re here! Staying close to God’s truth is the best way arm and protect our marriage from what the world says. So many marriages are under spiritual attack and need the stability of God’s truth to stay grounded and healthy. Learning what God says about marriage will set our marriages us for success to continue to grow stronger and stronger. Keep these Scriptures nearby, so you can refer to them at anytime.
Marriage can be like a full-length mirror reflecting our inadequacies and flaws or like iron that sharpens iron, a process that refines us into the best version of ourselves. God’s intent for our marriage is to be sacred and holy. Staying connected with your spouse in daily prayer is another way to be rooted and grounded in God’s truths and protected from the enemy. Print out the Marriage Prayer Bookmark to use and pray with your spouse the armor of God over your marriage.
Here Are 10 Bible Verses About Marriage:
- If there’s one thing I’ve learned about marriage, is when I am having a bad day or my spouse is having a bad day, two are better than one. Our relationship with God makes us complete. He has made and created marriage to help refine us, not leave us to do life alone. Allowing our spouses to come alongside us when we’re having a bad day can be one of the most life-giving things we do. We don’t have to have it all together all the time. Marriages are made to help support one another and bring out the best in each other. When we don’t allow our spouses to help us back up when we fall, we are missing out on the beautiful gift God has given us, our spouse–these are the moments that will bring us closer together.
2. Prayer is a beautiful power gift God has given us, especially in marriages. I have been guilty at times of not making prayer a priority in my marriage. As a result we can slowly see our marriages suffer. I never regret making prayer a priority, a daily habit especially with my spouse. In times of desperation we can always pray. God hears us especially in numbers. For more ways to pray with your spouse, either print out the bookmark below or click on link 5 P’s to Pray over your marriage.
3. Whenever there is a struggle in marriage, I can guarantee you, there is the enemy behind the scenes at work. The enemy would like nothing more than to come between our marriages, cause division, and destroy what God deems holy and sacred. When we allow God’s desires to be our desires, He aligns our hearts with HIS WILL, not ours. If there is a struggle, tension, or an argument, take a step back and analyze a heart’s motives, is this MY WILL or God’s? Sometimes we have to let go of our own expectations and desires of what we want, to allow God’s desires to Fill our hearts.
4. One of the best ways to allow God to be the center of your marriage, is to empty your heart of all things worldly. When we SEEK God with ALL of our hearts, we will find an overabundance of God’s wisdom, peace, joy, freedom, and love. In marriage we may not always see eye to eye, understand each other or agree, but one common ground we can trust and stand on is God’s TRUTH of who He says we are, His WISDOM, His LOVE, His GOODNESS.
5. This is my prayer not only for my marriage, but my family as well. When we love what God loves, with all of our heart, soul, and strength the bond that we build in our relationship with God and our marriage is strengthened with a strength that nothing in this world can break or destroy. The Love of God is meant to endure, persevere, and be eternal. The world can never offer anything beyond temporary, mediocre, or idleness.
6.We are God's dwelling place. Our marriages are meant to be God's dwelling place. God has made and created marriage as a space for His eternal blessings to overflow within us, a place where His love is to be kept holy and sacred.Click To Tweet
Marriage is a gift that is meant to make us more holy than happy. Happiness is the byproduct of God’s holiness that turns into an eternal joy no one can take away when we allow our hearts and marriages to be God’s dwelling place for His wisdom, love, peace, and freedom. No amount of evil, circumstances, or tragedy can take away God’s eternal gifts He has given us. Imagine what the world would look like if we all allowed our hearts and marriage to be God’s dwelling place.
7.In Marriage there will always be seasons of change. Seasons where we plant. Seasons where we grow. Seasons where we harvest.Click To Tweet
Life will throw so many curve balls at us. To expect we will never have seasons of hardship is an unrealistic expectation. To expect marriage to always be blissful and happy is also an unrealistic expectations. When we take out the language always and never, we can learn to plant, grow, and harvest the way God intended for us. In due season we will reap the harvest 30, 60, 100 fold (Mark 4:20).
8. You are God’s handiwork. He makes no mistakes. He has created you to be his workmanship, to display His glory, and prepare you for eternity. Marriages can be the most sanctifying process we go through and the biggest platform to display His glory. Whenever we go through a struggle we can turn to God and say thank you for another opportunity to be a reflection of you! We are meant to be a reflection of Jesus. Whenever a situation occurs we can refer to the One who knows all and allow Him to guide us, and seek His wisdom in the process!
'An enemy might be able to defeat one person, but two people can stand back-to-back to defend each other. And three people are even stronger. They are like a rope that has three parts wrapped together--it is very hard to break.' Ecclesiastes 4:12 ERVClick To Tweet
9. A strand of three cords is not easily broken. A marriage that puts God first and center of their lives and marriage is a marriage that is not easily destroyed. We are meant to do this life together with God, not separate, apart where we are exposed to the enemies attacks. We are stronger together.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
10. God’s love never fails. When we choose to love we are choosing to be hurt and disappointed, because our love isn’t perfect and we get it wrong every time. God’s love will always prevail and keep us safe. His love is eternal and everlasting. God’s love always forgives. In marriage we will have to forgive, when we do we learn how to love like Jesus. God’s love will never ask you to hide, keep secrets, or allow for bad behavior. His love requires boundaries that help keep his love in and the enemy out. Just like in the garden of Eden, God’s love will be found at the beginning and end of every boundary (Dr. Henry Cloud), will flourish, grow, and refine us more than we could ever imagine.
I’m so honored I’ve been invited to speak at the 2021 Wives of Integrity Marriage Conference! I want to invite you to 2021 WOI Marriage Conference! FREE Registration and the discounted ALL-ACCESS PASS for $39 ends 11:59 am May 9th TONIGHT! Pricing increases to $59 tomorrow, May 10th. Here are some of the topics the conference covers.
Healthier, happier communication.
Better physical and emotional intimacy.
Seeing sex as an act of worship, not a chore.
The ability to trust God with your husband’s salvation.
Learning how to have financial intimacy.
Understanding how to have hope and healing after betrayal.
The gift of prayer and fasting for your marriage.
…AND SO MUCH MORE!
Here are other Resources to help grow and build your marriage!
Stay Connected in marriage by reading God’s word and staying in Prayer. Here is a 30 Day Marriage Bible Reading Plan and FREE Printable Marriage Prayer Book mark.
Want more blogposts that apply Scripture?
10 Bible Verses That Will Give You More Courage
10 Bible Verses For Healing And Strength
10 Bible Verses to Remind You- You Are Victorious
What Does the Bible Say About Self-Care?
Did you enjoy this blogpost? Please share with others! Want more encouraging messages sent right to your inbox? Subscribe to my blog and receive a weekly Monday Message or like my Author Facebook page to catch the latest posts.
I would love to hear from you! Leave your comments below!
Want to show more compassion? Consider sponsoring a child to help end poverty.