10 Bible Verses That Will Give You More Courage
Have you ever been stuck in a rut or the same pattern that keeps repeating over and over? You wonder how do I get off this treadmill that leads to the land of nowhere?
Sometimes I tend to blame my situation or circumstances of why I can’t move forward or get off that treadmill when I realize I AM the stumbling block. I’m the one trying to do things my own way, with my own strength, forgetting to rely on God for HIS Courage to get me through.
When you feel yourself getting into a rut or running on the treadmill keep these verses near and hide them in your hearts, so we don’t keep trusting in our own strength but in God’s strength. When we refer to the ONE who is the PROVIDER of COURAGE we will always have an endless supply.
Here are 10 Bible Verses That Will Give You More Courage:
What is Courage? The Bible defines courage as as the ability to do something brave out of a motivation of the heart. Courage wouldn’t be courage if we weren’t taking risks towards growth that scared us. In reality, courage helps build our character for what God has in store for us, helps strengthen us and helps us learn how to draw closer and depend on
When we need to depend on God.
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
This Bible verse is hanging in my bedroom above my bed. I love how I can physically see this verse and be reminded of it’s power. We don’t have to fear or be afraid when God is holding our hands.
2. “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise— in God, I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” Psalm 56:3-4
In my experience, displaced trust causes more fear. When we put the trust in ourselves we will always fall short and fail. We don’t have to be afraid when our trust is placed in God our PROTECTOR who is able to keep us safe.
3. “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
I love how before Jesus left this earth, he gives encouragement we don’t have to be afraid. We can receive a peace that’s not of this world when we focus our hearts on HIM and not our circumstances.
When God’s courage strengthens us.
4. “Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.” Psalm 27:14
God uses EVERYTHING we go through for HIS GLORY and HIS PLANS. He uses our circumstances, our trials, burdens, our struggles to strengthen us and build our COURAGE so he can use us for what He has in store for us, if WE LET HIM. When we patiently WAIT for what he has for us we will see HIS glorious plans unfold within our lives.
5. “Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.” Psalm 31:24
God never says what we go through isn’t going to be hard. He left instructions in how to strengthen the courage he gives us. Courage needs strength in order for it to be courage. When we depend and seek God for our strength we will have all the courage we need. We can trust his courage is enough and all we will ever need.
6. “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.” Ephesians 6:10
We can rest in God’s mighty power for our strength and courage. We don’t have to use our own strength to go through what we’re going through. Nothing in this world can compare or even come close to be being more powerful that God’s power and strength.
When God’s Courage motivates us to accomplish His will for us.
7. “Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.” 1 Corinthians 15:58
We don’t have to be discouraged. Whatever work we we do, when we do it for the Lord, it will never be in vain. We can stand firm even when don’t like our circumstances and trust he will use them for something greater. The assignments God has for us can’t be messed up by the circumstances of our past (@OhSheNoble). God made us with flaws and all. He made us all with a specific purpose.Our flaws don't disqualify us from HIS plans our disobedience does. Click To Tweet
8. “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7
Don’t miss out on the journey God has for you, because of fear-filled thoughts and discouraging doubts. God didn’t create us to live in a world of defeat but be victorious in His strength and courage. Embrace who you are in how God made you, flaws and all and allow HIM to use them as a platform for HIS strength.
We can trust in His plans.
9. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
We can trust God’s plans are the best plans.
10. “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9Whatever you're going through, DON'T GIVE UP! God's Courage is Strong Enough to Get you Through! #dontgiveup #choose #courage #brave #choosegrittyClick To Tweet
When you feel the tug of defeat weighing on your heart, refer to these verses. And Remember…………
How God use situations of adversity like David when he defeated Goliath. A young boy was an unlikely choice to defeat a giant, but God used David’s skill and God’s courage to defeat a giant 4 times his size.
Remember how God used a storm to show Peter, when we step out of the boat in obedience to God’s calling we see miracles happen (walking on water).
Resting in God’s endless supply of Courage will his greatest accomplishments to arise in US! God’s strength is ENOUGH!
Do you need more courage?
What makes your courage stronger?
Did you enjoy this blogpost? Please share with others! Want more encouraging messages sent right to your inbox? Subscribe to my blog and receive a FREE E-book The Jericho Prayer and a weekly Monday Message or like my Author Facebook page to catch the latest posts.
I would love to hear from you! Leave your comments below!
Need a reminder to Be strong and Courageous? Here’s a FREE Downloadable printable bookmark. Just Download and Print! Just Click on this link: We need to know we are not alone.
Need ways to make your courage stronger? Here are 3 ways that may help! Click Here.