5 Ways to let be God in the details of your life
Did you know that 4-6 months of the year in Alaska (depending what part of the state you live), experiences only 4-5 hours of light a day? In that lack of sunlight, a person’s Vitamin D levels go way down. We need Vitamin D to help absorb calcium and which helps with our bone growth, to prevent osteoporosis. Did you ever wonder why there is so much salmon in Alaska? You guessed it, because it has high amounts of Vitamin D.
Isn’t amazing how God works out all of those details? When he created the earth, he knew that people in Alaska needed Vitamin D, so he sent salmon fish to provide for their needs. Just as in OUR lives, God KNOWS us, he KNOWS our needs and if we allow him, he will provide for ALL of our needs. When we allow other things to fill our lives such as busyness, hurriedness and distractions, God can’t provide for us as he intended. It is only when we INVITE God in, is he able to be in the DETAILS of our lives. I am one that needs to be reminded of this time and time again. Each time I choose busyness or fill my life with other useless worry, it costs my family, my friends and leaves me weary. It is when I make an intentional plan that I am setting myself up for success.
5 Ways to allow God to Be in the Details:
1. Be Still– “Be Still and Know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10
- Quiet your mind and body
- Get rid of the distractions and Turn down the noise
- Find a quiet time and spot to Be Still with God
2. Plan Time with God– “To man belong the Plans of the heart, but from the Lord comes the reply, Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.” Proverbs 16:1,3
- Get your planners out. Start planning time with God, But Let Him do the Planning!
- Schedule Time WITH him. This will set you up for long term success.
- Start by praying 2-5 minutes everyday or reading the Bible
- Be realistic about your time. Ask God to allow him in the details of your life. Give him your time and he will make it into so much more than you had before.
3. Invite him in, in prayer- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God.” Philippians 4:6
- When we intentionally pray without distractions or being in a hurry, we are entering into His presence. Ask God to help you get rid of any distractions.
- Our prayers are not a monologue, they are a dialogue between you and God
- Pouring out your requests to God, allows more room for him to be in every detail of your life
- Pray about EVERYTHING, Keep Praying, it is one of the most important things you can do!
4. Give your worries to him– “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
- Giving your worries and anxieties to God allows him to be in control and creates more room for him to be in the details!
- Ways we can give God our worries: Through PRAYER! We don’t have to worry how it will get done because God already has it worked out.
- When fearing or worrying remember this verse: “Do not Be Afraid, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
5. Be Patient and Wait– “Be JOYFUL in HOPE, be PATIENT in affliction, FAITHFUL in prayer.” Romans 12:12
- After we are still, plan time with him, invite him in, pray, give our worries to him, we must be patient and wait. Pray, Listen, Respond.
- God’s timing is perfect. God’s ways are perfect. His ways are not our ways and may not always make sense. But we can trust in him, he knows what he is doing! Be patient and wait for his timing, I promise you, his way is so much better. Every time I try to go ahead of God and do it my way, he reminds me to wait for him. Every time I don’t wait, I regret it. Everyday I am learning patience.
- Keep your eyes on God, stay in prayer, he will never leave you.
Do you trust God enough with the details of your life? When we allow God to take care of the details, he is able to turn it into something so much better. In our busyness, distractions and worry we actually take God out of the equation and don’t allow him to do his job. God is the creator of everything, he knows how everything works, and all of our needs. Stay in the cycle of being still, planning time with God, spending time in prayer, giving your worries to God and being patient with Him. Staying in the cycle will make it easier for developing a pattern of success. I promise you wherever you are, God will meet you there. When we come before him we will find his mercy and grace every time. His grace and love are enough to fulfill all our needs. Have a blessed week! I will be praying these verses this week for each of you. May the God of peace fill you as you leave all your worries and cares with him!
Do you allow God to be in the details in your life?
Is there anything in your life that is hindering you from developing a deeper relationship with God? If So, Please share. Leave comments below.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!