Stuff, it can be so consuming. It can clutter your life. Have you ever asked yourself what is the price of all of this stuff really costing me?
There are some things in life you can not put a price tag on, you cannot buy at a store, that are invaluable. In our journey of ‘The Joy of Less,’ God challenged us to take a good look at our lives and look at what they were really filled with. He showed us in our busyness, our clutter, our distractions it actually took away value in our lives and added more stress. I want to invite you into the best life ever that God desires for you.
5 Things that Add More Value to Our lives
1. Love– Your Relationships you have with one another are one of the most valuable assets in your life. They are irreplaceable. They cannot be exchanged. There is a direct correlation in the more quality time you have with each other in making memories, having awesome conversations, amazing experiences, the more deeply rooted your relationship becomes. The same with God. God loves you, he desires you. The more time spent with him, the more you understand his love for you, his heart and his character. It is a gift that is everlasting, eternal, never fails and cannot be destroyed. Having love in your life increases your value exponentially.
2. Less Stress– Having less/No debt, less Stuff, less clutter, less distractions, getting rid of busyness all lead to a life with less stress. God shows us when we get rid of the junk, get rid of anything getting in the way of him, we make more room for him to be able to provide us with the best life ever. One that is free from stress when we rely on him in our struggles and depend on him for our provision. Getting rid of clutter and stress increases the value of you life by allowing God to handle your stress, making more room for him to fill you abundantly with his love for you.
3. Boundaries– Got stress? chaos? fear? busyness? doubt? clutter? Put a boundary on it. It’s a good place to start. Boundaries do no limit us, they set us free. By putting a boundary on whatever is causing havoc in your life you are actually not allowing room for it to take over your life anymore. Setting boundaries in my life has been one of the most freeing things ever. I don’t allow stuff to own me, I don’t allow fear to dictate my actions, I don’t allow busyness to consume me. How do you do this? By living in the boundaries of God’s love. There is no place his love can’t reach, his love is limitless and holds no fear or chaos. Boundaries have added so much more to our lives to allow God’s love to work with in us and not allow those other things to work against us. Is there something in your life that is consuming you that needs a boundary?
4. Margin- I think margin is something that is often underrated. Creating margin in your life and in your day makes you a better wife, a better mom, a better friend, a better person. The best way to create margin in your life is by setting boundaries. Having margin in our life has allowed us to be able to go on family walks at night, go on weekend family hikes together, stop and take a picture of the wildlife or sunrise, meet a friends for dinner. Having margin allows more time to enjoy precious family moments, build relationships and make memories that last. Having margin has definitely added so much more value to our lives, making room for adventure and to experience life.
5. Wisdom- It builds character, helps us make better choices, it helps us to know the difference, helps us to discern God’s voice, fills us with knowledge. Knowledge is power. It is what foundations are built on, it helps you gain understanding. The more you know the more you grow. Wisdom is one of the most valuable things you can add to your life. It is worth more than all the rubies, silver or gold in the world. Wisdom requires trusts, to lean not on our own understanding, but God’s (Proverbs 3:5).
Are you making room for God to fill you with more of what he desires for you? What do you need to get rid of to make more room?
Going Deeper: Read Hebrews 12:1-12 Very powerful, encouraging and convicting!
Need help where to start? Here are some past posts and videos that may help!
5 Ways to Make More Room in a Crowded Heart- Blog Post
5 Ways to Make More Room in a Heart that is Crowded- Live Devotional
Did you like this blogpost? Please share with others! Only 2 more weeks left for “The Joy of Less,” series! I will be sharing tips of what we did to de-clutter, simplify and how we become more with less. When you get rid of the physical clutter it helps to also get rid of clutter in your hearts as well. Don’t miss any posts Subscribe to my blog or like my Author Facebook page.
Are you on Periscope? Join me live Tuesdays at 12:15 EDT or Saturdays 10:30 EDT.
I would love to hear from you! How has the Joy of Less made a difference in your life? Leave Comments below!
“The Joy of Less” Giveaway! Enter a chance to Win a Copy! Contest Ends May 31st!