Is there margin in your life? You know that extra time you allow in your day to get to work on time, to take a break or allow for the unexpected?
I don’t know about you, but I used to be the worst at allowing for margin in my day. It’s something I wish I planned for and I had more of in my day. It wasn’t until I spent my days rushing from one thing to another thinking, I can’t keep living like this. Can you relate?
It is in your moments of being tired and weary from hurriedness and busyness God will try to get your attention. Even in our disobedience God will gracefully point you in the right direction if you let him.
How do you go from chaos to order?
By giving your chaos to God, letting him have it all.
Sometimes we have to let go of stuff and things in order to have a life of peace and order God desires for us.
5 Ways to Create More Margin in Your Life:
1. Get rid of Clutter– both physical and spiritual. Letting go clears your spaces to make room for what’s most important. It allows you to spend time doing what matters most. Get rid of your doubt, fears and worries they are just getting in the way, taking up space. Best way to get rid of your burdens, give them to God then he can better able to fill you with his desires. Keep your spaces clear of clutter and junk, don’t allow clutter to fill them, set boundaries, be intent full of what you allow in your homes and hearts.
2. Don’t over schedule- There is power in saying No, giving your best yes. If you haven’t already read the book by Lysa Teurkerst “The Best Yes.” I definitely recommend it. Whatever you say yes to, you are really saying no to something else. Is it your husband, your family, your friends? Let your yes be yes and your no be no (James 5:12). Put boundaries on your time to allow room for what’s most important in your life.
3. Stay Present in God’s Presence- In God’s presence you can always find rest (Exodus 33:14). Staying present in God’s presence means, not going ahead of him, being still with him, spending time with him. Time spent with God is time well spent.
4. A willing, obedient heart- Having a willing, obedient heart allows God’s plan for you, to
occur in your life. It allows for the best plan ever! God’s plan can never prosper if there other things such as disorder, chaos, clutter, getting in the way. “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” Matthew 5:8
5. Give your time to God- He is the one who created time. Without God we would not have time. Our time is really not ours, it’s His. Giving the time God has given us to him allows him to do so much more with it than we ever could. When you give your time to God he will give you all the time you need. It makes what you have into enough never wanting more. When Time is given to God he turns your CHAOS into ORDER.
All of these things makes more room for God to be able to fill you with more.
Margin is created when there is more room for God.
When there is more room for God, there is margin to be able to enjoy in the joys of life he has created for you. God cannot fill us with the more he desires if there is stuff and clutter getting in the way of him.
Clutter, distractions and busyness will always rob you of the joys God has intended for you.
I never realized how much of life I was missing when I didn’t allow margin in my life. Creating margin has allowed room to enjoy the sunrises, allowed our children to build forts and climb trees, allowed our family more quality time together to go on walks and hikes TOGETHER.
Our lives become richer when there is margin to enjoy life’s precious moments.
How can you create more margin in your life? What is God asking you to let go of so he can fill you with the more he desires for you?
Are you on Periscope? Join me live Tuesdays at 12:15 EDT or Saturdays 10:30 EDT.
I would love to hear from you! How has the Joy of Less made a difference in your life? Leave Comments below!
“The Joy of Less” of Less Giveaway! Enter a Chance to Win! Contest ends May 31st!
You will really enjoy these stories!