Where to Find More Strength in 2016
Most of us can relate to the desire for wanting something more, some kind of change in the new year. Strength is something that always runs out and we wish we had more of. It is exactly what you need in trials to develop endurance to get through to the other side.
Strength grows when there is discomfort.
God has Big Plans for you. But in reality, most of us will never experience His transformational ability. Why? Because we don’t allow his strength to intercede on our behalf.
Of course no one wants discomfort Nor does God desire for us to be uncomfortable, but He knows what we need. Sometimes we have to go through life’s uncomfortable moments just to get to life’s most amazing moments. There is value in the struggle in getting through to the other side.
After our son passed away, God showed me places of strength in the most unlikely places. I never realized that God was my strength until I realized God was all I ever needed. Here are 5 Valuable lessons I have learned in my journey, and would like to share them with you.
Your Places of Weakness are where you can find God’s Places of Strength. (Click to Tweet)
5 Places Where you Will Find More of God’s strength:
1. Doing Something Bigger than yourself– Takes the focus off of yourself and pours pain into something positive for something good to come out of it. When you do something for the greater good of others even in your weakness or pain you will find great value. It shows you there is someone who always has it worse than you and helps you move through your situation. God uses your servanthood to transform your weakness into strength. Philippians 2:3 “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves.”
2. Stepping out of Your Comfort Zone– Teaches you to have faith and step out into your weakness. You will never learn anything by someone else doing it for you or by sitting on the couch. It’s time to learn how to get comfortable at being uncomfortable, that is where great growth occurs and where you will find strength you never knew existed. In your brokeness God restores you not the way you were before but by building stronger foundations out of your brokeness (beauty from ashes). Joshua 1:9 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
3. Keep Going– Finishing, Staying committed, sticking it out, helps build your perseverance and endurance, two qualities you need to become successful at achieving your goals. You learn so much in the process and even more when you stick it out to the end. Don’t give up you can do it! James 1:12 “Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.”
4. In community with one another– There is power in numbers and in encouragement. Encouragement is what gives oxygen to the human spirit. We were meant to be in community with each other building quality relationships with one another. Encourage one another build each other up. Surround yourself with supportive, encouraging people for whatever journey you are on. Matthew 18:20 “For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”
5. In the Journey– There are valuable lessons to be learned in your journey and process. If you never had to go through the process of the struggle you would never know the strength required to do hard things. Learning this is one of the most valuable lessons in life. Life is full of curve balls, nothing is guaranteed. But “Never Let a Stumble in Your Road be the End of Your Journey.” Quote by Unknown
“I can do all things through Christ who Strengthens Me.” Philippians 4:13
God’s strength is transformational. He knows what you need. He cares about what you are going through. Let your trials be God’s Platform for his blessings to overflow within you.
Will you allow God’s strength to meet you where you are right now and be the strength you need to get you through what you are going through?
Prayer– God will you allow anyone who is reading this to give them the strength they need to get through what they are going through. I pray that they will allow you to intercede on your behalf and allow your strength to be transformational in their lives. You are good and so are your intentions. Amen.
Where do you find places of strength? How does God help you get through what you are going through? Please Share!
I pray you will find more places of strength in 2016! May your week be abundantly blessed! I would love to hear from you! Leave Your Comments Below!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!