Tis the Season……
Everyone is getting ready for Holidays. Preparing baked goodies, getting ready for parties and buying Christmas gifts! It takes a lot of time, preparation and planning to find the perfect gift for that someone special.
Have you ever received a gift so perfect you remember the joy and excitement you felt when you opened it? I bet you could tell me what the gift was and how you felt when you received and opened it.
As a parent, I bet you can remember that special gift you gave your child and the joy you received watching them open it and their reaction after receiving it.
Giving Gifts is a great way of showing another person that they are special and how much you care for them. A gift is only a gift if it is received, accepted then opened, otherwise it’s just a box with a gift in it. What good is a gift if it is never opened and received?
I am sure many of you have heard the phrase ‘The reason for the season.’ Christmas is not only a time to celebrate the birth of Jesus but to give and open gifts. Did you know that God has given you gifts to open this Christmas?
Here are 7 Gifts God has Given to You that He’s Waiting for you To Open:
God himself is the gift, but here is what he gives you when you open His gifts.
1. God’s Power– God offers us the most amazing things when we open up his power. God has the power of forgiveness, healing, restoration, renewing you, redemption, to drive out fear, building strong foundations and giving you strength. God’s power is endless and is able to do the impossible.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” 2 Corinthians 5:17
“In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.” Ephesians 1:7
2. The Holy Spirit– When we open God’s power, we receive the most amazing gift of the Holy Spirit. We receive God’s power because of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God fulfilling his promise that he is always with us and will never leave us.
And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 2:38 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Cor 3:17
3. His Promises– There are over 7,000 promises in the Bible and God will keep every single one of them. He is the God of promise. We can trust in his promises. God is a God of peace, hope, joy, love, freedom, faithfulness, grace and so much more. When you open up his promises you receive all of his promises, they will never disappoint or fail you.
“And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
4. His Truth– We discover more of who we are and who God really is in his truth for us. God’s truth never changes, it stays the same no matter how this world changes. God has given you one of the best gifts of all, The Bible. It is filled with his Truth and Promises that you can trust in. Opening the Bible is one of the best ways to receive all of God’s gifts. It will equip you, prepare you and unlock God’s power within you.
“And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32
“The wise are mightier than the strong, and those with knowledge grow stronger and stronger.” Proverbs 24:5
5. Salvation– “For God so loved the world he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16 God loved us so much that he sacrificed his only son, someone who never sinned, but took our place for our sins. God’s salvation not only offers eternal life in Heaven, but salvation from our sin, from our struggles in this world. When we have Christ, we have freedom. What’s so amazing about this gift is everyone has the opportunity to become Saved, Salvation is available for all no matter who you are. Unfortunately this gift is the one that is frequently not opened.
6. Eternal Life– Not only has God given us the gift of life, but has given us the unimaginable gift of eternal life in Heaven when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior. For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23
7. His Lovingkindness– James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above. God’s Love and His gifts are perfect in every way. If he didn’t love you, he wouldn’t offer you all of these gifts. These gifts are His way to show how much He really Loves You! What’s so amazing about these gifts is you don’t have to wait until Christmas to open them, they are available for you to open Now! When you open God’s love you receive all of his gifts of grace, peace, hope, freedom and joy!
“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God.” Ephesians 2:8
Did you know that You are God’s gift? You are his perfect gift. He makes all things beautiful. And you my friend are God’s beautiful gift. The same way you receive joy watching your child open a gift, is the same way God receives joy when you open your gifts he has given you. God’s gifts are meant to opened, don’t leave them sitting in a box. Have you opened all of God’s gifts he has given to you? If not don’t wait until it’s the perfect time to open them, open them now!
God gives the most amazing gifts! Don’t forget to open up the most important gift of all this Christmas, God himself. When you receive God, you receive His gifts.
Wishing you much Peace this Christmas Season!
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27
What Gift(s) has God given you that you cherish the most? Please share below! Give thanks to God this holiday season for the gifts he has given you. If you would like to hear weekly encouraging messages, Subscribe to my blog and receive a FREE Ebook “The Jericho Prayer,” it will be sent right to your inbox!
Join me next week for an encouraging message of the kindness of Christmas! have a Blessed Week!