Freedom. We all want it and all seek it. It is something that many of us have but is often taken for granted. The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines freedom as the quality or state of being free, the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action. Many may interpret this definition of freedom as being free to do whatever they want, whenever they want to do it. In actuality this mentality gets us into trouble.
The other day I was wrestling with our six year old son. I leaned over to kiss his cheek he then said with annoyance “Moommmyyy! There’s NO KISSING in Wrestling!” Oops! I had just crossed the line! Just as I crossed the line wrestling with our son, there are many other invisible boundaries in our lives.
These invisible boundaries are what keep us safe and in order. There is the boundary of the legal law, when the line is crossed there are consequences. There are boundaries in marriage, when the line is crossed there is damage done to relationships. One may think there are no boundaries in Freedom, but it is quite the contrary. There are boundaries in freedom and when the line is crossed chaos and disorder enter.
Where are the Boundaries of Freedom?
Freedom will always be found when you live in the boundaries of God’s Truth and Love for you. His Freedom is eternal and never runs out.
How do you stay within the boundaries? Through
- Acknowledging– God as the authority, that he is the one in control
- Faith and Trust– Believing God is enough and all you will ever need
- Acceptance of God’s truth– means finding your Acceptance, Value, Worth and Identity in God.
Many think living within these boundaries, take away your freedom to live, but in actuality it is where you will find the most freedom. Have you ever read the Bible stories about Daniel, Shadrach, Meshack and Abendago? They did not go along with what the crowd thought. They stood firm in God’s truth and walked away from worldly truth and acceptance. Imagine what would have happened if they coward to worldly persecution? We would have never seen God’s power of being able to shut the mouths of lions and protect men from a fiery furnace. Even though these men were up against some scary circumstances, God protected and delivered them. In God’s truth they found places of Freedom.
You Will Never Find Freedom In:
1. Worldly truth, Expectations and Approval– There will always be someone who has more than you. Seeking these things only lead to wanting more and will never provide eternal satisfaction or fulfillment the way God can.
2. Doubt and Un-forgiveness– These things can’t live together with Freedom.
3. Clutter, baggage, disorganization – All of these things along with Chaos and cannot reside together with freedom.
“For God is not a God of disorder but of peace.” 1 Corinthians 14:33
You Will Always Find Places of Freedom IN:
1. Humbleness– James 4:6 “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
2. Contentment– Hebrews 13:5 “Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have.”
3. Forgiveness– Matthew 6:14 “For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.”
4. God’s Truth and Love– John 8:32 “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
Most Importantly – There is Freedom in Release! By Surrendering worldly truth, worldly expectations, worldly approval, your control, your plan, chaos, busyness, hurriedness, clutter, disorganization, doubt and un-forgiveness to God, he will fill you with so much more of what He Desires for you. God’s Boundaries are not meant to keep you captive but to set you Free!
God’s Love is Boundless.
Living inside the boundaries of God’s truth and love does not mean there is an end to his love. God’s love crosses all boundaries.
In His boundaries of truth and love you will find:
There’s no space that His love can’t reach
There’s no place where we can’t find peace
There’s no end to his Amazing Grace
Lyrics From David Crowder “I am”
God isn’t interested in you having a good life but to have the Best Life Ever! The Same way God protected and delivered Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abendago is the what he will do for you, if you let him.
What things has God asked you to walk away from in 2015 in order to experience His peace and freedom for you?
Would you like to have more Places of Freedom in 2016? Where have you found places of Freedom? Please Share!
Did you like this blogpost? Please share with others! Want more encouraging messages? Subscribe to my blog and an encouraging message will be sent right to your inbox! Or Join Me on Periscope Tuesdays at 12:15pm EST and Saturdays at 10:30am EST. Watch Replays on katch.me.
May your week be Abundantly Blessed with God’s Truth and love for you! I would love to hear from you! Leave Your Comments Below!