Welcome back! Last week I gave you Homework, did you complete it!?!?! What were some of your goals? If you haven’t done it, it’s not too late! Did you pick a word for your year? I hope some of you will share what your goals are and what word you picked. Picking a word will help give your year more purpose and vision.
How did it go when writing your goals? Was it fun or painful!?!? Goal setting can be tough, because it asks tough questions about yourself. Was I successful? What did I accomplish or haven’t accomplished? Picking your word can help give your year the direction it needs.
The word I picked for 2016 is Freedom. It is what our journey has been, a journey of freedom from our grief and circumstances. Freedom is such a powerful word. It encapsulates all areas of life, whether it be financial freedom or freedom from whatever is going on in the world, it is possible to attain freedom when you have Christ.
Others have shared their word with me; Presence, Hope, Believe and Restored. Whatever your word is, apply it to all areas of your life to live fully in your word that God has picked for you.
Here is a Tip when writing your goals:
Write goals with meaning and purpose instead of performance. For example, you might write, I want to make more money in 2016. That is a good goal, but there is not a measurable outcome. When is it enough money? Instead write, I want to make enough money to provide for all of my families needs. It is not realistic for all of us to be millionaires but it is realistic for us to be happy with what we have and enjoy the process. Goals are not meant to suck the joy out of us, but to put purpose and direction back in.
Coming up with a Strategic Plan for Prayer over your goals is just as important as writing your goals. Keep your goal list handy so you can be constantly praying over your goals.
When praying for your Goals, Be Specific in Prayer in these 5 areas:
1. Roadblocks– Ask God to take away anything that is hindering you from accomplishing your goals. Taking away roadblocks, can help you move forward, go farther in reaching your goals and see so much more clearly when accomplishing your goals. “Build up, build up, prepare the way, remove every obstruction from my people’s way” (Isaiah 57:14).
2. Time– Give God your time that he has given you already. There are only 24 hours in a day, 7 days a week. The time God has given us is all we have. Give God your time and he will give you all the time you need. Ask God to help you stick to your scheduled time with him and scheduled time to meet your goals. “But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.” My times are in your hand” (Psalm 31:14).
3. Desires of your heart– Ask God for him to place the desires of your heart when setting goals. When we live in the design that God has created us to live, we experience his abundant joy, hope, love and freedom. “Above all else guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it” (Proverbs 4:23).
4. Wisdom– Ask God to help you be realistic but not sell yourself short. When setting goals it is important to be intentional with your time. Asking for wisdom will help you make better choices that will set you up for success in the future. “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding” (Proverbs 9:10).
5. Strength– To Accomplish your goals you need perseverance and endurance. There will be times you want to quit and feel as though you can’t go on. Anyone can quit, but it takes courage, drive and passion to make it to the end. Never underestimate what you can learn in the process, these will be some of your most valuable lessons learned. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippine 4:13
What Prayers will make an impact in your upcoming year? When making your goals ask yourself these two important questions.
1. Are these goals adding value to my life or taking away value?
2. Am I living in the Plan God has for my life?
Prayer- Dear God, I pray this year we will be more purposeful and intent full with our time and money you have given us and use them the way you have designed us to use them. Please guide our steps to teach us, show us how you want us to accomplish and achieve our goals as we start our New Year. We love you God. Amen.
Did you like this blogpost? Please share with others! Want more encouraging messages? Subscribe to my blog and an encouraging message will be sent right to your inbox! Or Join Me on Periscope Tuesdays at 12:15pm EST and Saturdays at 10:30am EST. Replays are on katch.me.
Keep Praying for your Goals! Praying for a Successful New Year and that You will be Filled Abundantly with God’s blessings in your life! Happy New Year! Leave Your Comments Below.