3 Ways To Make Your Courage STRONGER
Courage. We all need it. We all have it. But do we really know how to access courage and use it when we need it?
God knew we needed courage more than anything so he left 365 Bible verses, with the word courage, as a reminder for each day of the year.
Do you know someone courageous?
That someone, no matter what the situation puts their life on line, extends their all no matter what the situation or risk?
Corrie Ten Boom and Irena Sendler, two modern-day women were the epitome of courage. They risked their lives to save the lives of others at the cost of their own lives.
Queen Esther risked her life to save the entire Israelite race, putting her own life at risk. In the end when she did God worked out all the details.
Nathan the prophet risked his life boldly going before King David to call him out on his affair with Bathsheba, getting her pregnant and killing her husband to cover up his sin. Nathan risked a lot by standing up to a king and basically saying, “You messed up and God doesn’t like it.” Because of Nathan, David repented and God used him for his greatest plan ever—the lineage to Jesus.
Do you ever wonder what do they have, I don’t?
Maybe our courage just needs a little more strength. A little more grit. That something that takes us from just showing up to practice to winning the gold medal.
3 Ways to Make Your Courage Stronger:
1. ABIDE in the Power of Jesus’ love. When we abide in the love of Jesus, we receive his power of no fear, because there is no fear in love. Perfect love casts out fear (1 John 4: I bet each person I mentioned above was scared to death, but the benefit outweighed the risk).
Why? Because they trusted in the power of God. When we trust in what God is able to do, we take the worry and stress off of ourselves that it is up to us to get the job done. God’s strength and power is so much greater than ours.Our courage becomes so much stronger when we abide and trust in God’s power of what He is able to do. Click To Tweet
“Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.” God is love and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgement, because as he is so also are we in this world.” 1 John 4:11, 16-17.
God’s love is perfected within us when we abide in him. When we live as though our next breath is dependent upon his provision. When we live as though God is apart of our every being. We can live in the confidence of what God has already done because nothing the enemy does can change what God has already accomplished. Our courage becomes stronger when we abide in Christ.
2. Take Risks. Every single courageous person I know takes risks. Courage isn’t courage without taking risks. The one thing I have learned about taking risks, I would have never experienced the greatness God’s blessings waiting on the other side. The path God asks us to take sometimes seems scary like we’re walking towards a fiery furnace, but I PROMISE God’s will, will never take us where His GRACE cannot protect us.
Each step of faith we take, builds our spiritual muscles by testing our faith, refines us like pure gold and brings us closer to where God desires us to be—which makes our COURAGE STRONGER.
“In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuinenesss of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes through it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ” 1 Peter 1:6.
3. Seek Wisdom. The closer we are to Jesus, the more wise we become. Wise people seek Jesus. Courageous people seek wisdom to know what they’re next steps are. Wisdom helps us make better choices and discern God’s will, if indeed we are going in the right direction. Those who abide in Christ, receive the power of God’s wisdom. God’s wisdom makes our COURAGE STRONGER. The foundation and cornerstone of our lives is based on God’s wisdom and love.
“By wisdom the LORD laid the earth’s foundations, by understanding he set the heavens in place;” Proverbs 3:19
Everything we do is connected to the one who created us. God is the provider of our courage. Without God’s courage we wouldn’t be able to do what He asks of us. We see God’s most amazing promises revealed because of the courageous steps of faith others took in the Bible.
- We saw the Israelites pass through The Red Sea because they were still and didn’t flee.
- We saw the walls of Jericho fall because the Israelites had the courage to obey and march for 7 days in the midst of their enemies.
- We saw David defeat the big giant Goliath with just one stone, because he had the courage no one else had.
- We saw what happened when 3 men had the courage to stand up to the most powerful King Nebuchadnezzar (besides Jesus) who ever existed—their lives were spared from the fiery furnace, not a hair was cinged nor did they smell like smoke.
Making our courage strong is important in our relationship with God. Without courage we would never witness God’s most glorious plans that could have only been accomplished through him. Our courage helps prepare our hearts to be ready when God asks us to take steps of faith. Will you be ready?'Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.' Joshua 1:9Click To Tweet
What makes your courage stronger?
How has courage allowed you to fulfill God’s purpose?
Did you find this post to be encouraging and helpful? Please share with others who are in need of prayer. For more encouraging messages, Subscribe to my blog to receive a FREE ebook and weekly message of hope right to your inbox or like my Author Facebook Page. to keep updated on posts.
I would love to hear from you! Leave your comments below. Have a Blessed Week!
Enjoy this FREE Printable Bookmark. Click on link below to download the PDF as reminder you are Courageous!
We need to know we are not alone.
This was really helpful! Thank you for sharing! Abiding in God’s word truly is the best way to gain courage!
I love this! Favorite quote: “God is the provider of our courage. Without God’s courage we wouldn’t be able to do what He asks of us.”